Re: markup function

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: markup function
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 00:48:29 +0100

> #(define-markup-command (myfunction layout props link text)
> (markup? markup?)
(string? string?)
>   "Comment."
>   (interpret-markup layout props
>     #{\markup \with-url #(string-append #"http" #link) #text #}))

Now it became clearer to me. What I meant in the last line was:
#{\markup \with-url #(string-append "http" link ) #text #}))
Because '"http"' and 'link' is already a scheme expression.

For several months now, I tried to get started with scheme functions in
Lilypond with zero progress. Absolutely nothing worked. Now, I
understood the meaning of # and a/the difference between markup and
string and it does what I want it to do.

Thanks for your explanations! I think now I can continue step by step
and write small scheme functions (using the python2scheme converter in
my head and google).

Cheers,
Joram