Re: Halign in markup

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: Halign in markup
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:20:22 -0800 (PST)

Peter Gentry wrote
> Eluze replied...
>>\halign dir (number) arg (markup)
>>Set horizontal alignment. If dir is -1, then it is
>>left-aligned, while +1 is
>>right. Values
>>in between interpolate alignment accordingly.
>>
>>imo it should say more generally /other values/ interpolate alignment
>>accordingly.
>>
>>Eluze
>>

> I see but values outside the range  >=-1  <= 1 can also be used.

that's what I tried to say - with the sign (+,-) you determine if you want
right- or left-alignement.

then, with the number you tell how far away the alignment point has to be
moved - this is the same as pre- or appending that much space to the markup
- once to the right of the markup (when the sign is positive) otherwise to
the left.

hope this is a bit more understandable

Eluze