Re: first-time user, a couple of questions

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: first-time user, a couple of questions
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:46:14 +0100

2012/11/27 Xavier Noria <address@hidden>:
> Hi! This is the first time I use LilyPond, thanks for the software and
> the documentation, they are really good!
>
> I have transcribed a song by Stevie Wonder:
>
>     https://github.com/fxn/scores/blob/master/stevie-wonder/you-and-i.ly
>
> and have a couple of questions I have not been able to figure out searching:
>
> 1. As you see, in the source code I have everything organized by
> measure. Is there a way to add lyrics by measure instead of in a
> separate chunk? The score would be easier to write and follow if I
> could mix them.

I don't know, if it's _possible_, but I would never do so.
Opposed to you I think it would make all _more_ intricate.

> 2. Whole notes and rests are kind of flushed to the left. It's been
> many years since I did music but if I am not mistaken it was customary
> to have them centered... is there a way to center them?

You used R1*x already. Use R1 instead of r1, too.
Whole notes are never centered in LilyPond and I've never seen
centered whole notes in any printed score.

Btw, compiling your score, several `warning: unterminated tieĀ“ are occuring.
Perhaps you mean \laissezVibrer ?

Cheers,
  Harm