Re: PS (dynamic alignment)

From: Eluze
Subject: Re: PS (dynamic alignment)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 04:55:50 -0800 (PST)

Werner-37 wrote
>> I would like to have dynamics for the single voices (I use ^ for voiceOne
>> and _ for voiceTwo) but also dynamics for all 4 voices. These should be
>> aligned just in the middle between the two staves.
>>
>> Do I have
>> to write a fifth voice containing only s s s ... for that
>> or
>> to override DynamicLineSpanner again and again in one of my four voices
>> or
>> is there in lilypond a smarter possibility?
>
> It would be good, to have the possibility to use in first voice something
> like:
>
> if dynamicUp: DynamicLineSpanner default
> if dynamicDown: \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = #4.0
>
> c2.
> _\f % for all 4 voices
> c8 c | c4 c r2
> _\p % for all 4 voices
> ^\mp\< % only for 1. voice
> b h h | c1
> ^\mf % only for 1. voice
>
> Is that somehow possible?
>

> (I could use \dynamicUp in 3. voice; \dynamicDown is the default in 2. and
> 4.
> voice.)

hi Werner

see
http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/extending/lilypond-compound-variables
Extents

"For Y extents, the car is the bottom coordinate, and the cdr is the top
coordinate."

to have dynamics for the whole score I would use a Dynamic voice between the
2 staves (as you proposed)

Eluze