Re: Centering / Indenting a paragraph?

From: Bric
Subject: Re: Centering / Indenting a paragraph?
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:57:24 -0500 (EST)

On November 23, 2012 at 4:08 PM Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
wrote:
> 2012/11/23 Bric <address@hidden>:
> > Hi, I'm new to this list and to lilypond
> >
> > I just learned that I can do this:
> >

> > \markup {
> >   \fill-line {
> >     \hspace #1
> >     \column {
> >       \line { This is my first verse  }
> >       \line { For Column 1 as a  supplemental }
> >       \line { Text blurb below the score }
> >       \line { This is when I don't }
> >       \line { Want to align multiple  }
> >       \line { Verses directly beneath the score staves }
> >     }
> >     \hspace #2
> >
> >     \column {
> >       \line { This is my second verse  }
> >       \line { It is for Column 2 }
> >       \line { of the second  }
> >       \line { Blurb. }
> >       \line { Pretty cool and all is well  }
> >       \line { Wit these two columns }
> >     }
> >     \hspace #3
> >
> > }
> >
> > The above is rendered fine, with two columns well balanced.
> >
> > the problem is:  How do I add a third paragraph, centered and indented?
> >
> > If I add the following after the above...
> >
> > \markup {
> >   \fill-line {
> >     \column  {
> >       \line { \italic { I want this  } }
> >       \line { \italic { Centered underneath } }
> >       \line { \italic { The above two verses } }
> >       \line { \italic { Apparently, that isn't easy! } }
> >
> >     }
> >     \hspace #4
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > it is left-justified, left-aligned.  How do I shift the paragraph?
>
> Lily does what you told her:
> \fill-line with \column { ... } on the left and \hspace #4 on the right.
> Visible, if you add \box before \hspace #4.
> Deleting \hspace #4 will center it horizontally on the page.

Nope.  Removed all the "\hspace"s.  The third paragraph (set of \line's) is
still rammed all the way to the left, crossing the gutter.

Actually, changing "\column" to "\center-column" shoves the paragraph left,
beyond the absolute margin ( pixel 0)

When it's "\column" the paragraph is left-aligned, but with a 2-cm or so left
margin