Re: pitched trill spanner always displays accidental?

From: Jeffrey Trevino
Subject: Re: pitched trill spanner always displays accidental?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:43:57 +0100

Hi Harm,

I should have used the word "default" instead of just asking about what is "normal." I meant to ask how to change the default behavior of TrillPitchAccidental: With the code you have written, and the attributes I find in the IR pages, I can suppress a natural sign if the pitch is natural but must manually do so anytime this is the case. If the trill pitch accidental can behave like other accidentals in Lilypond, then the problem goes away.

More concisely: Is it possible for the trill pitch accidental grob to behave like the regular accidental grob?

sorry to frustrate you,
Jeff

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
2012/11/20 Jeffrey Trevino <address@hidden>:
> Hi there,
>
> Is it normal for the pitched trill spanner to always display an accidental
> for its parenthesized pitch, even if the parenthesized pitch is natural and
> doesn't need one? Is there a way to override this? I'm finding it immensely
> frustrating to get at any of the attributes of this parenthesized note.
>
> best,
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

have a look in the IR, chapters
3.1.120 TrillPitchAccidental
3.1.121 TrillPitchGroup
3.1.122 TrillPitchHead

You may want to use some of the properties you'll find there for overriding.

Example:

\version "2.16.0"

\relative c'' {
        \once \override TrillPitchAccidental #'stencil = ##f
        \pitchedTrill
        d2\startTrillSpan f?
        d2
        c2\stopTrillSpan
        r2

        \once \override TrillPitchAccidental #'color = #red
        \once \override TrillPitchHead #'stencil =
          #(lambda (grob)
            (grob-interpret-markup grob
            #{
                    \markup \circle { \with-color #red \rotate #90 "(-:" }
            #}))
        \pitchedTrill
        eis4\startTrillSpan fis
        eis4\stopTrillSpan

        \once \override TrillPitchHead #'duration-log = #0
        \pitchedTrill
        eis4\startTrillSpan cis
        eis4\stopTrillSpan
}

BTW, due to my bad english-skills I find it immensely frustrating
trying to read a post without code-example.

-Harm

--
Jeff Treviño