whole measure, unusual time signature

From: Victor Eijkhout
Subject: whole measure, unusual time signature
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 13:20:08 -0600

I'm writing a piece in 14/16, and that's not 7/8: it's counted 4+3+3+4
sixteenths.

1. Is there a way to make beaming automatically to 4-3-3-4?

2. If I have a whole measure rest, I find that \times 14/16 {R1} gives a nice
simple notation. Now I want a note that is held for a whole measure look like
\times 14/16 { c1 }, but that has a little 16 under it. Can I get rid of that?
(I suspect someone will have to dictate me a snipped of Scheme).

3. I have a part (labeled "mastertrack") that is completely empty except for a
bunch of "\mark\default" and "\bar .|." thingies, and that I overlay on each
part. This has worked fine in the past. However, using \times 14/16 {s1} to get
a whole empty measure gives a strange message:

programming error: stopped tuplet bracket has neither left nor right bound
continuing, cross fingers

Help?

Victor.