Re: bmc2ly: Braille music to LilyPond conversion

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: bmc2ly: Braille music to LilyPond conversion
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:59:36 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

>> It would probably raise more interest to first tackle MusicXML export
>> and then use the code as a starting base for doing Braille as well.
>>

> I could agree more with this statement.  Please consider doing this.

In my "topical sort order" of things to do, it is sorted after "Guile2
migration" since Guile2 has better pattern matching primitives, a list
representation of XML and corresponding input/output, and it would not
make sense to design something independent from this infrastructure.

> I can give you tips on how to do it and even get you started off - I
> have a sense of the type of code it'd require, but it'd take time to
> create all the conversion rules in Scheme.

Which is why I'd likely do most of them in LilyPond syntax.

--
David Kastrup