Guitar tab with only numbers

From: Mate
Subject: Guitar tab with only numbers
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:37:57 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am trying to have standard notation + guitar tab where the tab only contains
(fret) numbers. No stems, no bars, no rests, no dots, no circles, nothing.

Like here:
http://www.music-for-music-teachers.com/images/devils-dream.gif

Or here:
http://www.jazzguitar.be/images/lessons/gypsy-jazz.gif

Interestingly, if I look at some snippets in the snippet repository, the images
that are shown are just like that:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=634
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=495

The problem is that when I try to render the examples myself, I get the stems
and bars on the tab line too.

Do I have to set something somewhere (that the mentioned snippets don't
contain)?
Or were the tab stems removed by default after version 2.12.3 (the version I'm
using)?

What I've tried is:

\override Stem #'transparent = ##t

but it doesn't remove rests and dots, and generates a lot of warnings. So it's
probably not the right track.

Thanks,

Mate