Accidentals with \modalTranspose

From: Vaughan McAlley
Subject: Accidentals with \modalTranspose
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 14:12:24 +1100

Greetings,

I want to notate a modal canon at the fifth. \modalTranspose works
well until there are accidentals in the original line. Fiddling with
the scale by adding notes causes problems; what would be nice is to be
able to specify *two* scales:

\transposeFrom = \relative c' { a b c cis d e f fis g gis }
\transposeTo = \relative c' { d e f fis g a b b c cis } % both f and
fis map to b

(or map f and fis to fis and transpose normally down a fifth)

Is there a way to do this that I haven’t thought of?

Cheers,
Vaughan

% From Qui ne lameyroit by Nicolas Gombert
\version "2.16.0"

ficta = \once \set suggestAccidentals = ##t
it=\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'italic
rec=\override LyricText #'font-shape = #'upright

global = {
  \key c \major
  \time 3/4
}

transposeScale = \relative c' {
  a b c d e f g
  % using { a b b c d e f fis g } causes problems
}

firstCanon = \relative c'' {
  a2 a4 b g2 f2.
  R2.*1
  d2 d4 g4. \melisma e8 \melismaEnd \ficta fis4 g2.
  R2.*1
  g2 c4 c f,8 g a b8
}

sopranoOne = \relative c'' {
  \keepWithTag #'top \firstCanon
}

altoOne = \relative c' {
  R2.*2
  \modalTranspose g c \transposeScale { \keepWithTag #'bottom \firstCanon }
}

sopranoOneVerse = \lyricmode {
  Qui ne lay -- me -- roit,
  \it qui ne lay -- me -- roit,
}

altoOneVerse = \sopranoOneVerse

\score {
  \transpose c c {
    \new ChoirStaff <<
      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = "Cantus"
      } { << \global \sopranoOne >> }
      \addlyrics { \sopranoOneVerse }

      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = "Resolutio"
      } { \clef "treble" << \global \altoOne >> }
      \addlyrics { \altoOneVerse }

  }
  \layout { }