RE: dynamics positioning

From: Daniel Rosen
Subject: RE: dynamics positioning
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:13:54 +0000

Well, first of all, in the future, you can just paste code right into the body
of your email, like I'm about to do--no need for an attachment. :-) And second,
I would dispute that you couldn't get it smaller--like the page I referenced
says, very few tiny examples are longer than about 10 lines of code. That being
said...

You need to include the Dynamics context within your score block, like so:

dynamics = {
  \time 3/8
  \times 2/3 { s8\mf s32 s32 s8.\pp \times 8/13 { s64 s16 s16 s16\pp } s64. s64
s64.] } |
}

% All other variables go here, unchanged %

{
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Dynamics \dynamics
    \new Staff = "cymbals" \cymbals
    \new Staff = "temple" \temple
    \new Staff = "toms" \toms
    \new Staff = "conga" \conga
    \new Staff = "snare"  \snare

}

Unfortunately, while this corrects the horizontal alignment of the grobs within
the Dynamics context, they now collide with the beams, so the vertical spacing
needs to be adjusted. I'm not sure how to do that without having to adjust
'Y-offset for each individual DynamicText, so I'm gonna have to punt this to
someone else on the list.

DR