quick reply(s) bar numbers

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: quick reply(s) bar numbers
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 17:54:07 -0700

Thanks for the comments, No the solutions didn't compile or I just don't understand what Toine means/meant.  Putting the additional materials in the layout just ground the program to a halt.  So I am living as it's not the biggest deal for the exercise- it was just that I was surprised that the \remove for bar number should not work in the same place as the other removes AND that it didn't work anywhere else in a score that otherwise compiled and looked good enough.

As for your example- I don't do that level of tweaking, in fact I change stem directions and that's about it.  Also I'm probably way overstating my familiarity with 2.14 as the documents have changed so radically that unless something doesn't work for me I don't look it up to read more.  so my structures are probably totally wrong for even that version but happily work.  When I looked at and used an orchestral template recently the log file couldn't even tell me the correct thing to correct.  I had to ask and then spend hours fiddling and I'd rather spend my music time composing/teaching playing and not trying to untie knots that didn't use to exist.
Thanks

PS I've never gotten anything I've tried to convert-ly to compile.

--
Jay Hamilton Sound and Silence www.soundand.com 206-328-7694