Re: midi and repeated notes

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: midi and repeated notes
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 05:36:47 +0000 (UTC)

Jean-Alexis Montignies <ja <at> montignies.info> writes:

> When presented with a note off and a note on at the same time with
> the same note number, my sequencer does not
> repeat the note.

I think the sequencer should repeat the note.  There is some argument about
how to interpret overlapping unisons in a midi file, but if the note-off
comes before the note-on it should certainly repeat.

LilyPond version 2.14 had some problems in this area, but I think they are
now solved : http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1647

Possibly the discussion there, and related issue 1648, might inspire you to
find a solution?