Re: Lilypond-Book ignores \iffalse (How to uncomment?)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond-Book ignores \iffalse (How to uncomment?)
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:03:02 +0200

Reinhold Kainhofer <address@hidden> writes:

> On 29/09/2012 23:51, Francisco Vila wrote:
>> 2012/9/29 Hartmut Leister <address@hidden>:
>>> Hello Lilyponders,
>>>
>>> lilypond-book is ignoring the block comments I'm using in LaTeX-Code
>>> with \iffalse + \fi, thus compiling the lines in between.
>>> How can I uncomment a set of lines?
>>> Those uncommented lines should not be compiled by pdfLatex and lilypond-book
>>>
>>> I'm writing a song book and for error finding I dont't always want to
>>> compile the whole book...
>> As far as I know, lilypond-book always processes the whole file. What
>> I'd do in this case, is to put the part which is to be handled
>> differently in a separate file. Include this file with \include but
>> don't process it with lilypond-book. Instead, process all other files.
>
> lilypond-book is able to handle block comments properly (e.g. <!-- ...
> --> in html, @c in texinfo, etc.)
>
> However, so far lilypond-book did not recognize \iffalse sections as
> block comments, because \iffalse is only a workaround for the missing
> concept of block comments in LaTeX. Nonetheless, I've now created a
> patch that makes lilypond-book recognize \iffalse sections as block
> comments and ignore all snippets inside \iffalse:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2875

<URL:http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=conditional>

At least two packages (comment.sty and verbatim.sty) define a comment
environment, and the memoir document class does the same.  So the TeX
primitive \iffalse ... \fi, while it may be used on occasion, is not
really typical for LaTeX usage.

--
David Kastrup