Re: header font size

From: pabuhr
Subject: Re: header font size
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:47:12 -0700

   > As I crank up the global-staff-size, the heading text gets LARGE. I'd like
   > to uniformly reduce the size of the heading text like this:
   >
   > \override Score.HeaderText #'font-size = #-1

   I set the font size explicitly:

   subtitle = \markup {\fontsize #5 "No. 12.  Quintet & Finale"}

But I have multiple fields in the header: title, composer, arranger, etc., and
I did not want to put a markup around each field. Rather I wanted a global
reduction that maintains the existing font ratios that already exists in the
header, like title is larger than subtitle, etc. I.e., just scale all the
existing header fonts up/down by a constant (log?) factor.

Global-staff-size is clearly doing this uniform scaling of header fonts already
because, as I crank up the staff size, all the header fonts are adjusted
uniformly. So it feels like the mechanism to accomplish this should already be
in place and there just needs to be a handle to rescale the header fonts after
the staff-size scaling or some such.