Large file

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Large file
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:40:33 -0400

Greetings -

I'm using LilyPond Book to print out a large set of short (mostly 16 bar) contra dance and Celtic tunes. I'm working on an older Dell laptop, using LY 14.2 under Linux / Ubuntu. I show 494.8 MiB of memory, but I think I may have some additional space set aside as virtual memory (I'm not sure about that). I have 510 individual files, one for each score, which are "\include"ed in my master file, which has a separate score entry for each.

If I try to run more than twenty or thirty scores, things get badly bogged down. If I have all my page breaks set up the way I want them, and I try to run the whole file (all 510 scores), am I likely to lock up the memory, or (if I'm patient), will the computer likely produce the .ly and .pdf files in 2 or 3 hours?

I appreciate your time and attention,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer