Re: transcribe notes

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: transcribe notes
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 16:59:17 +0200

Jay Anderson writes:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:42 AM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I am transcribe a music score to lilypond and came across a note with
>> vertical line on both side.  What is this called and how to code in lily to
>> generate it?
>
> Most likely a breve: { c\breve }

We now have two helpful comments with a specific answer, which helps
this specific user.  It would be nice if we cloud point to the
documentation and have future users find out by themselves.  I found
that the glossary does not really help -- the alternative breve/longa
with single or double lines is not displayed; also `note value' is not a
very obvious place to look

    http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/music-glossary/note-value

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/music-glossary/duration-names-notes-and-rests

Jan