Re: custom compound time signature

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: custom compound time signature
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 09:31:01 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/6/2 diekunstderfuge <address@hidden>:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to achieve the compound time signature seen in the image here:
>> http://old.nabble.com/file/p33950720/custom_time_signature.png
>>
>> As you can see, it's meant to represent 3 bars of 2/4 grouped together as
>> one bar. My plan was to write it as one bar of 3/2 and then override the
>> time signature stencil.
>>
>> First, I've used this snippet ( http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272
>> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=272 ) to create a "dummy" staff with
>> only the time signatures. (For some reason, \numericTimeSignature does not
>> seem to work inside of the TimeSig context. Does anyone know why?)
>
> Have a look at /ly/property-init.ly. where \numericTimeSignature is defined:
> numericTimeSignature = \override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'numbered
>
> But now you're using a new custom-defined context: "TimeSig"
> Replace Staff with TimeSig and it will work.

It is much more straightforward to add
\alias "Staff"
to the definition of the TimeSig context.  Then any overrides for Staff
issued within TimeSig will not get handed upstairs.

This should probably be added to the LSR snippet: while it does not in
itself require it currently, it is likely to cause irritation like here.

--
David Kastrup