Re: \autochange between "treble^8" and treble

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: \autochange between "treble^8" and treble
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 07:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

please reply to the list in order to let others participate and contribute!

> Is there no way to do modify the \autiochange function?
>
> It's so sad... I don't want to do that with manually change.
>
> If possible and if you know that, where is the \autiochange function file?
>
> I think, I can find the file and edit, and then I can use the modified
> function.
>
> Between treble^8 and treble.
>
> Any suggest??
>
> I want to do -------
> \autochange
> Do automation between "treble^8" and "treble"
> Turning point = c'''
> -------
>
> Example ------- It's wrong code, but just for your understanding.
>
> \new PianoStaff {
>   \autochange # \with "treble^8" "treble" \turningPoint = c'''{
>     g4 a b c'
>     d'4 r a g
>   }
> }

as I said, setting the middleCPosition could be an option:

here is a starting point:

mus = \relative c {
  h8 e a c e g c r h,, e a c e g c r
}
<<
  \new Staff = "up" {
    \clef "treble^8"
    \set Staff.middleCPosition = #-6
    \context Voice = "1" {
      s1
  \new Staff = "down" {
    \clef treble
    \set Staff.middleCPosition = #8
    \autochange
    \mus
  }

but there is still a lot to do and don't forget the warning in the manual!

hth
Eluze