Re: Adjustment to tablature output

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Adjustment to tablature output
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 15:13:16 +0000

On 5/9/12 8:01 AM, "Choan Gálvez" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Nice. But... it still results in the same ugly (to me) vertical
>alignments: letters with ascendant strokes look nice, letters with
>descendant strokes are aligned by its bottom, letters without ascendants
>or descendants leave a gap between its bottom and the line. See
>attachment.

The challenge is that note heads are intended to be centered vertically on
the desired placement.  And apparently your usage for tablature is to have
the fret labels *rest* on the staff line, rather than be *centered* in the
staff gap.

This is potentially resolvable, because markup text does have a baseline
reference.  It will require something more than adding the offset, however.

Probably a new stencil function should be defined, and the stencil
property of the TabNoteHead overwritten.

I don't have time to write the new function right now, but I hope that
pointing you (or others) in the right direction may help.

Thanks,

Carl