Re: Too complicated and time consuming ...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Too complicated and time consuming ...
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 01:51:25 +0200

joannesmith <address@hidden> writes:

> We are in the process of making our own hymn books (we use shape notes). We
> have about 450 hymns that are in paper format right now

[...]

> Of course I am hoping for a somewhat easier program ... clicking and
> dragging sounds very appealing to me right now! Does any such program
> exist?

Does not sound like a good idea to me.  Clicking and dragging is a
reasonably efficient workflow for graphical arrangement, the kind of
thing you do with scissors and glue.  For writing, the orderly
arrangement of minuscule elements, a keyboard beats it hollow in the
hands of an experienced writer.  If you were talking about 10 hymns, the
savings in learning effort might make up for that.  But not 450.

Try using Frescobaldi <URL:http://www.frescobaldi.org> for input: it
might make you get into an efficient entry routine somewhat faster.

--
David Kastrup