Re: printed stems in OS X vs Windows 7

From: James
Subject: Re: printed stems in OS X vs Windows 7
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:21:20 +0000

Hello,

On 29 February 2012 01:45, Bryn Hughes <address@hidden> wrote:
> I haven't tried this (silly, I know), but I will try tomorrow morning when I
> get to work. I'm starting to think that it IS the viewer. Would the PDF
> viewer actually affect the printout?

Yep. An example (on windows anyway) was that Adobe Acrobat produced
accidental cancellation glyphs with the correct looking 'counters'
(the gap in the middle of the glyph)  whereas Foxit PDF printed the
same PDF file but with horrible squared off 'holes'. I had reported
this to Foxit and as far as I know it is still a problem

See

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2011-01/msg00403.html

for screenshots.

> I believe I was using Preview on the
> mac. Has anyone else had difficulties with this particular program?

Preview had not cause me any problems when I used to have a mac, but
it wouldn't hurt to download Acrobat (for instance) and see if you get
a different looking file for the same PDF.

James