Re: Increment bar number after cadenza

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Increment bar number after cadenza
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:24:04 -0800 (PST)

ornello wrote:

> Ah, now I see :-)
>
> I need to place the \cadenzaOff exactly at the time position where the
> previous measure stops. This won't work if I use the
> Completion_heads_engraver as follows:
>
> \layout {
> \context {
> \Voice
> \remove "Note_heads_engraver"
> \consists "Completion_heads_engraver"
> }
> }
>
> {
>   \override Score.BarNumber #'break-visibility = #all-visible
>   c1 \cadenzaOn c4 d e f4. \cadenzaOff g8 f e d \bar "|" c1
> }

I don't understand what you mean with This won't work …

you can add a separate "ghost Voice" where your cadenza is clearly defined:

\new Staff <<
  \new Voice { your music }
  \new Voice = "cadenza" {
    s1
    \cadenzaOn
    s8 *5
    \cadenzaOff
    s1 |
    \bar "|"
    s1
  }

and take out all the cadenza and bar stuff out of the other voice

hth
Eluze