Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 22:09:21 +0100

Hi Phil,

2012/2/18 Phil Holmes <address@hidden>:

> I'd approach this from a different direction.  First of all - have a look at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/contributor/updating-lsr-to-a-new-version

I read it before and now again. But please hold in mind, that I'm a
newbie with this kind of task. It might happen that I don't understand
something or even worse misunderstand.

> As it stands now, I believe the files we know won't work under the current
> development version are in Documentation/snippets/new: when makeLSR is run,
> these over-write the snippets downloaded from the LSR.

Do youn mean the files from
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=tree;f=Documentation/snippets/new;h=5fc4874511a90a821ab3ee0f5eecf13efdd82b77;hb=HEAD
?

> I think it would be worth you comparing your results with the files in /new.

"altering-the-number-of-stems-in-a-beam.ly"
"automatic-beams-two-per-two-in-4-4-or-2-2-time-signature.ly"
"beam-endings-in-score-context.ly"
"beam-grouping-in-7-8-time.ly"
"compound-time-signatures.ly"
"conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.ly"
"filtering-parts-from-the-command-line.ly"
"grouping-beats.ly"
"how-to-define-autobeamsettings-in-the—layout-block.ly"
"including-a-file-only-once.ly"
"overriding-automatic-beam-settings.ly"
"reverting-default-beam-endings.ly"
"specifying-context-with-beatgrouping.ly"
"template-for-multiple-instruments,-prints-a-score-and-parts.ly"

I filtered the following (not compiling) files from LSR with: grep ERROR *txt

coloring-individual-staff-lines.ly
defining-predefined-fretboards-for-other-instruments.ly
letter-tablature-formatting.ly
mixed-meter---automatic-compound-time-signatures.ly
obtaining-a-tablature-for-open-tuning-and-or-normal-tuning.ly
positioning-tuplet-numbers-close-to-kneed-beams.ly
use-custom-fonts-flat-b-and-sharp-#-symbols-for-chords.ly

In / Documentation / snippets / new /  I found:

"beam-endings-in-score-context.ly"
"beam-grouping-in-7-8-time.ly"
"compound-time-signatures.ly"
"conducting-signs,-measure-grouping-signs.ly"
"grouping-beats.ly"
"reverting-default-beam-endings.ly"
defining-predefined-fretboards-for-other-instruments.ly
letter-tablature-formatting.ly

Not in / Documentation / snippets / new / are:

"altering-the-number-of-stems-in-a-beam.ly"
"automatic-beams-two-per-two-in-4-4-or-2-2-time-signature.ly"
"filtering-parts-from-the-command-line.ly"
"how-to-define-autobeamsettings-in-the—layout-block.ly"
"including-a-file-only-once.ly"
"overriding-automatic-beam-settings.ly"
"specifying-context-with-beatgrouping.ly"
"template-for-multiple-instruments,-prints-a-score-and-parts.ly"
coloring-individual-staff-lines.ly
mixed-meter---automatic-compound-time-signatures.ly
obtaining-a-tablature-for-open-tuning-and-or-normal-tuning.ly
positioning-tuplet-numbers-close-to-kneed-beams.ly
use-custom-fonts-flat-b-and-sharp-#-symbols-for-chords.ly

Hope that I overlooked nothing.

Am I right that only these files need manual upgrade?

> Thanks for your enthusiasm - I'll definitely be asking for your help, but I
> think the first task is to get agreement to upgrade the binary running on
> the LSR.

Shall I wait for your ok to do anything further?

Cheers,
  Harm