Re: Tongue Ram

From: Tiresia GIUNO
Subject: Re: Tongue Ram
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:10:29 +0100

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:40:16 +0100
Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2012/2/16 David Nalesnik <address@hidden>:
>
> I can't say what the difference is between the glyphs, but they do
> have the same orientation in the Feta notation charts.

Thank you both! I believe that there is no difference between the
glyphs but between the stem direction.

> Or perhaps:
>
> \version "2.14.2"
> \include "english.ly"
>
> customSlap = {
>        \override NoteHead #'stencil = #(lambda (grob)
>            (let* ((stem (ly:grob-object grob 'stem))
>                   (stem-dir (ly:grob-property stem 'direction))
>                   (rot (if (= stem-dir 1) 180 0)))
>            (grob-interpret-markup grob
>                    (markup #:rotate rot #:musicglyph
> "noteheads.u2do"))))
>
>        \override NoteHead #'stem-attachment = #'(0.0 . 0.0)
> }
>
> HTH,
>   Harm

Thank you for all the code. And with #'stem-attachment looks much
better!

I wonder why there is not a simple command like \slap - like for
\harmonic. In contemporary music the use of slaps and tongue rams are
very common and there is a standard notation for it.