can't output multiple midi drum voices

From: Andrew C. Smith
Subject: can't output multiple midi drum voices
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 00:09:39 -0500

Whenever I have more than one DrumVoice going at a time neither one outputs anything at all.

Sample code follows. You'd expect the first part to at least make some sound, but it doesn't do anything at all.

My initial thought is that since there's only one percussion midi channel it breaks down when you try to use two channels. Maybe there's a workaround to that?

I'm writing some somewhat difficult percussion parts, and it'd be nice to give them a sense for the rhythms.

Also I'm aware that the first beat of that measure is totally absurd.

-Andrew

\score {
\new DrumStaff {
\time 3/2
\drummode {
<< \times 8/7 {r8 cymr16 ~ cymr4} \\ \times 2/3 {r4 cymr wbh} \\ { r8 sn4. } >> << cymr8.-> \\ sn8. >> bd16 ~ bd4 \times 2/3 {r8 cymr4->^\sfz ~ } cymr8. cymr16 |
}
\midi {}
\layout {}