MIDI Dynamics

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: MIDI Dynamics
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 13:45:47 +0100

Hello,

I want to generate a MIDI file with the correct dynamics. Although it is possible to have different dynamics in left and tight hand I want to have the upper staff the same volume as the lower staff. Therefore I want only to write the dynamics to the upper staff. How can I apply the same dynamics to the lower staff without printing it in both staves?

\score {
<<
    \new PianoStaff <<
        \new Staff = "up" \relative c'' { c\f\> d e f\! g\p a }
        \new Staff = "down" \relative c' { c\f\> d e f\! g\p a }

\layout { }
\midi { }
}

In this example the dynamics in the down staff is necessary for MIDI but no wanted for the layout.

Seconds question: Can I add another PianoStaff and assign one piano to the left stereo channel and one to the other? Is there a Windows program available to do this quite easy after generation with Lilypond?

Regards,
Helge