Re: multi line glissando

From: mike
Subject: Re: multi line glissando
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:30:48 +0100

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:11:47 +0000 (GMT), Paolo Prete wrote:
Hello,

how can I obtain a glissando similar to that in the attached file?

Thanks!

Paolo

There are two ways.

1) Place hidden notes at the kink points and then make several glissandi w/ padding=0 on the left and right at the notes. This is good if you want to suggest a sort of note-like horizontal spacing.

2) Override the stencil command with several line stencils. You can use the positions of the left and right bounds to normalize the lines so that they fit properly in the space provided. Note that, to make sure there's enough space, you'd have to set minimum-length for glissandi - there's a bit in the docs about it (I forget where, but you can do a find in the pdf for it).

Cheers,
MS