Re: Page layout issues setting Preces & Responses (or, how to remove lin

From: Benedict Singer
Subject: Re: Page layout issues setting Preces & Responses (or, how to remove line breaks between \score blocks)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:29:34 -0800

On 01/19/2012 01:32 PM, address@hidden wrote:
On Jan 19, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Benedict Singer wrote:

Hi all,

I've been away from Lilypond for a while (I used it as a composer to set my
pieces, and composition has taken a back seat for a few years). I just want to
say that looking at the new features in 2.14 (and in 2.12 before that), it's
incredible what everyone has done, so much thanks!

Welcome back!

Alternatively, do I need to play games with stopping/starting staffs and
reprinting clefs/key signatures? If so, how do I make it look exactly like the
start of a new system (brackets, possibly instrument names, etc)?
This is a fairly difficult job for lilypond to do - I'm not sure if there's an
issue on our isuse tracker open for this, but it's worth e-mailing the bug list
just to check.

A quick idea (you'd have to make it un-ugly, but the functionality is there):
I had considered this idea, but forgotten that you can have full score blocks inside markups, and that instrument names could be full markups. With your example, it all came back to me, and so far it works fine. I'll have to manually tweak the indents to get each one correct, so it's not completely automatic, but I think this approach should suffice, since the prefaces are all short and simple. For the curious who come after me, I've attached a rework of my previous example in the new style showing what this looks like.

Thanks!

Ben