Re: Separating rehearsal marks from individual parts

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Separating rehearsal marks from individual parts
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:45:40 +0100

Hayden Muhl <address@hidden> writes:

> In the continuo and violin parts, you can see where I have commented out a
> rehearsal mark. Instead of adding that rehearsal mark to both parts, I want
> to use the "marks" variable to add the rehearsal mark to both parts. I want
> to create one score combining the continuo and marks, and another score
> combining the violin and marks. What I don't know how to do is write the
> score objects properly.

The following works fine.

\score {
  \new Staff << \marks \violin >>
}

\score {
  \new Staff << \marks \continuo >>
}

> Here's what I've tried so far, that has not worked.
>
> Like I said before, every way I've tried adding marks results in an extra
> blank staff.

You might have used \\ or so which creates new voices.  You don't want
new voices: you just want to have the marks in parallel with the other
parts. << >> without anything else works for that purpose.

--
David Kastrup