Re: caesura but not as a breath mark

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: caesura but not as a breath mark
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 07:47:42 +0100

On Jan 17, 2012, at 2:06 AM, Tim Reeves wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Since a note or rest will add to the length of the measure which I don't
> want to do, could I do the same thing with another object? Maybe an object
> that does not have be "undone" later, like a clef would?
>
> <Why do I have to be such a purist? Argh.>

(almost) all object's stencils are hijack-able in a few lines of Scheme.  If
you don't want ample space, I'd go w/ a barline, as it'll result in the least #
of hacks that you need to get it up and running.
You can control spacing between a barline and the objects after it via the
space-alist property of the BarLine (or any non-musical grob).  Then, you'd
just need to override the stencil & make sure to subtract 1 from the measure
count after the barline.

Cheers,
MS