Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:47:47 -0600

Hi Svetlana,

2012/1/12 Светлана <address@hidden>
This works perfectly! I've included all the symbols, that can be used by znamya font and also found some more symbols that should be colored (those that are not available directly from keyboard), so now we have an universal coloring script for Znamenny chants. Great job!

Here, I include an example with full character lists. May be it should be placed to the repository (I could write a description for it), but it needs a special font to render correctly. I also attach rendered pdf for all to see the real rendered example.

I'm so glad to hear that this works!

I happened to notice that several characters are duplicated in the all-characters list, among these the space :)  I took out a few obvious ones.  (I realize that some characters which look absolutely identical in my editor are differently encoded, so never fear.)  When there is a duplicate, it will appear doubled in the transformed text and that of course would mess up your use of the space as a positioner.

If you'd like to post any of this to the LSR, let me know so I can clean up the Scheme as need be.  It's a shame that the special font can't be displayed there--the notation is beautiful.

Best,
David