Re: mailing list fot italian users

From: AB
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 14:46:11 +0000 (UTC)

Federico Bruni <fedelogy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >> I should have been more esplicit: hey italian users, what about creating
> >> an italian mailing list? Can you help?
>
> I meant: help with replying to users' questions

Ciao Federico, I'm an old user, back to Lily in the last few months but I'm
still a beginner. I suppose I can try to help only new entries.

> > a neat alternative is smf (used by the German list:
> > http://www.lilypondforum.de/index.php )
>
> I don't like forums.
> And most of all: I don't want to have to set up and maintain a forum
> on a website.

There're 800 users in their forums! I don't think there's much interest in open
source (music) projects in Italy, there were only 10-15 users in the old
audio/music ML. Hope I'm wrong but two months has passed from Federico's post
and we're only two italians talkin' about a ML. :-(

> A mailing list is perfect.
> I would prefer being on gnu.org, as most of lilypond mailing list
> (french and spain for example) are there.
> But I can't find a place which explains how to create a new mailing
> list on gnu.org

It's like it.gnu.org:
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/create

> I found this page, but it seems that you need some privileges to
> create a new mailing list:
> http://it.gnu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/create

There's an e-mail for contacts here:
http://it.gnu.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin