An easy way to convert from absolute to \relative?

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: An easy way to convert from absolute to \relative?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:50:27 -0500

Hi all,

I have a number of pieces I entered quite a while ago (2.5.x, etc) in
absolute pitch -- being the easiest for me at the time.

But now I'd like to update them (2.15.x), and while convert-ly does a
good job of changing up the basic syntax, I'd like to know if there's
an easy way of getting rid of all the ' and , so the piece can be done
in \relative mode.  I did "search and replace" on one long piece,
which resulted in well over an hour's work fixing octaves.  Can this
be automated?

Have a blessed Christmas everyone!

Gordon+

--