Re: Problems with lilypond and lion?

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Problems with lilypond and lion?
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 23:38:18 +0100

On 20 Dec 2011, at 23:29, Alberto Simões wrote:

>>> I have them, but the error above specifies a specific path, where libstdc++
>>> is not (that the reason I've set DYLD_FAILBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (and it works).
>>
>> I have not set any DYLD-environment variable.
>>
>> Try
>>   $ mv ~/.profile ~/.profile.bkp
>> Open new Terminal tab or window
>>   $ /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond<file>
>> where<file>  is a LilyPond .ly file.
>>
>> Don't forget
>>   $ mv ~/.profile.bkp ~/.profile
>>

> Hmmms, good point. This means that even 2.14 works on Lion if you use command
> line. Probably that should be updated in the webpage, instead of just pushing
> users around.

I have just used LilyPond from Terminal, and an editor, Xcode, though there are
more LilyPond aware alternatives. The script I use (as mentioned before) is
  exec /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"
On OS X 10.7, one can put it in /usr/local/bin/, as it is in the default PATH,
though I have mine in ~/bin/.

> Now will try to figure out what are the variables I have that are making this
> not to work :)
>
> Thanks, Hans!

You are welcome.

Hans