Re: Grace Note Beam Length and Tuplets

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Grace Note Beam Length and Tuplets
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 22:26:28 +0100

Hi,

2011/12/17 oldwhtguy <address@hidden>:

> I am using Lilypond 2.14.2 in 'full tablature' mode with no standard notation
> staff. Just tablature.
>
> I am trying to shorten the stem of two beamed grace notes attached to the
> first note of a quarter note tuplet. Using the 'add-grace-note-property'
> seems to work, but will only let me lengthen the stems, not shorten them.
> They are already longer than the quarter note stems because of the two 16th
> note beams.  I never noticed that beamed stems are taller than non-beamed
> stems.  Is that adjustable?  It looks like the default is to extend the stem
> height by the width of the beams.
>
> Also, can the beam thickness of the grace notes be 'thinned'?    Since the
> fret numbers are smaller I think the other parts of the notation should be
> smaller as well.  Suggestion:  The default engraving behaviour should be to
> draw the grace notes with shorter stems than than the note it's attached to.
>
> Merry Christmas . . . I mean happy holidays.  I forgot there's a war against
> Christmas.

try:

\version "2.14.2"
%\version "2.15.20"

music = \relative c' {
        \grace { d,16 [des] } c4
}
\score {
        <<
        \new Staff { \clef "G_8" \music}
        \new TabStaff {
                \tabFullNotation
                %\revert TabVoice.Flag #'transparent % comment in with "2.15.20"
                \music
        }

        \layout {
                \context {
                        \TabVoice
                        graceSettings = #`((Voice Stem length-fraction .5)
                                           (Voice TabNoteHead font-size -4)
                                           (Voice Beam beam-thickness 0.1))

HTH,
  Harm

P.S. Please post your code!! It is annoying to be coerced to write the
code myself, you want to have improved.