Re: Lilypondtool/jEdit problem

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Lilypondtool/jEdit problem
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 12:15:24 +0100

Hi,

First of all, currently I'm testing and developing LilyPondTool with jEdit 4.4.2.
I'm using the MyDoggy plugin to have better dockable windows, so that might affect the behavior, you could try as well.
But anyway, please create a bug report at https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=91119&atid=596024
Attach the activity log by opening Utilities>Troubleshooting>Activity log, press "Copy" and paste to the issue.

Thank you,

Bertalan

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Patrick Karl <address@hidden> wrote:
I submitted the following to the lily4jedit-user list this morning, but it doesn't seem that that list gets much traffic.  So I thought I would submit it here, too, in the hopes that someone knows how to fix my problem.

> This morning I was running jEdit 4.3.1 with a 2.12.xxx version of Lilypondtool.  When I clicked on the Preview Output (PDF) button on the Lilpondtool toolbar, new behaviors occurred:
>
>   *  a blank LilyPond PDF Preview window appeared, disappeared into the Dock (I'm running OSX 10.6.8), and then popped back up with my LilyPond output.  This was new behavior; previously, what would happen was that the LilyPond PDF Preview window would simply appear.
>
>   *  if I left the LilyPond PDF Preview window up and clicked on the Run Lilypond button, the contents of the LilyPond PDF Preview window were not updated with my latest changes.  Priviously, the LilyPond PDF Preview window would remain up but with blank contents, and the updated output would be inserted into it at the end of the Lilypond compilation.  Now in order to see the updated output, I have to kill the LilyPond PDF Preview window and then click on the Preview Output button.
>
> When I say new behaviors, I mean that they did not occur the last time I used jEdit w/Lilypondtool; that was yesterday.
>
> I must have inadvertently clicked on something to cause these new behaviors.  Does anyone know how I might revert to the old behaviors?
>
> I have in the meantime upgraded to jEdit 4.4.2 and Lilypondtool 2.14.20111117, but the above described behaviors persist.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Karl

Since then I have found another bad behavior, namely, I can't get the LilyPond PDF Preview window to show more than a single page.  I am forced to use Preview.app for output greater than a single page, and, of course, then I don't get the connection between the pdf output and the lilypond input.

Anyone?