Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: ERROR: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 15:03:31 -0800 (PST)

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
Try enabling guile's debug mode. A while ago, the debug mode was turned off in lilypond, because it adds some performance penalty. But without debug mode, guile does not print out line numbers for scheme errors. We have recently enabled debug miode again. For your score, you can try adding #(debug-enable 'debug) to the top of your score. If that does not help, add (debug-enable 'debug) in scm/lily.scm of your lilypond installation. That should get you line numbers for the error to track down the area of the problem
Aha, line numbers are indeed progress. However, the line numbers for the error are in some lilypond library file, so that's unhelpful in tracking down the problem. Here's the relevant part of the compile messages:
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:210:5: In procedure ly:book-process in _expression_ (process-procedure book paper ...):
/usr/local/lilypond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/lily-library.scm:210:5: Wrong type (expecting pair): ()
The error message is at the very end of the debug output. I would love to post some relevant code, but I have no idea where to even start looking. Do you understand these error messages? re David, I am using 2.14, which as I understand it is the recommended version for users. I have written the entire project using 2.14. I tried just changing the version statement and running convert-ly anyway, just in case, but the only changes it appeared to make were some deprecated /cresc's, and it didn't fix the error. Should I be upgrading to 2.15?