Automatic beaming in 2/2

From: me
Subject: Automatic beaming in 2/2
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 10:41:36 -0700

Hi all. I'm transcribing a piece written in 2/2 time, but I don't like the automatic beaming that LilyPond uses when I set \time 2/2:

%%% begin snippet %%%

music = \relative c'' {

  c16 c c c c c c c c8 c16 c c8 c16 c |

  r8 c c c c c c c | \break

}

\new Staff {

  % good

  \time 4/4

  \music

  % bad -- first measure has too many notes per beam

  \time 2/2

  \music

  \time 2/2

  % bad -- second measure has too few notes per beam

  \set baseMoment = #(ly:make-moment 1 4)

  \set beatStructure = #'(1 1 1 1)

  \music

}

%%% end snippet %%%

I want the piece to be in 2/2 time, but with the 4/4 beamExceptions. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.