Re: overriding the order of accidentals in a chord

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: overriding the order of accidentals in a chord
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 01:59:37 +0200

Hi Kieren

2011/10/20 Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>
(...)

\version "2.15.14"
\language "english"

\relative a' { <a b ds fss b>2\arpeggio }
(...)

Without the tweak, the space before the note (which, in this case, is the downbeat of a measure) is extremely large — as a result, the other parts in the score look awful (with a huge blank space before the first note).

You're right. Looks better with the tweak.

I don't have a solution to get what you want, but I noticed something interesting. Using AccidentalCautionary changes the order of accidentals as wanted. But when using \override AccidentalCautionary #'parenthesized  = ##f the accidental switches to the left. :(
I can't explain this behaviour, but if someone can fix the switch-back, it could be a workaround.

\version "2.15.14"

\language "english"

\relative a' {
        %\override AccidentalCautionary #'parenthesized  = ##f
 \override Arpeggio #'X-extent = #'(-0.1 . 0.7) <a b ds fss? b>2\arpeggio

  Harm