Re: English.ly breaks all flats for key signature

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: English.ly breaks all flats for key signature
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 09:37:53 -0500

Hi Peter --

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM, Peter Otto <address@hidden> wrote:
Unable to get any flats in the Key Signature when I include the English.ly
When I enter "es" for \key it returns E double sharp.  "e" will work as well.  All flats i.e. "eis" will fail.

You need to use the English names for the key notes.  So, "ef" will give you E-flat.  \es \major gives you E# major (which would have 11 sharps!)

HTH,

David