Re: Reverse order of brackets in nested staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Reverse order of brackets in nested staves
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:46:11 -0400

Hi Frank,

> But there is one thing which I was unable to find out:
> After an hour of fiddling, experimenting and understanding how those snippets
> actually work, I managed to have a hierarchy of brackets in a piece. But in
> order to put the dot on the i, I would like the order of brackets reversed,
> as
> seen in the screenshot (original | my version). Can you tell me how to
> achieve
> this? Thanks.

Although there's likely a more elegant solution, here's a hack that works.

Hope it helps!
Kieren.
___________________

\include "english.ly"

\layout {
  \context {
    \ChoirStaff
    \override SystemStartBracket #'collapse-height = #1
    \override SystemStartBracket #'padding = #-1.6
  }
  \context {
    \GrandStaff
    \accepts ChoirStaff
    \override SystemStartBrace #'padding = #1

global = {
  \key d \major
  \bar "|:"
}

upperStuff = \relative d' {
  \clef treble
  d4 fs
}

lowerStuff = \relative fs {
  \clef bass
  fs8 a fs a
}

\score {
  \new GrandStaff <<
    \new ChoirStaff \new Staff << \global \upperStuff >>
    \new Staff << \global \lowerStuff >>