Re: new Voices and Lyrics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: new Voices and Lyrics
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:47:27 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hey users,
>>
>> This question has been kicked around a few times on this list, but I
>> can't find a current response, so I'm looking for some help.
>>
>> In a piece I'm working on, the singers need to clap in rhythm and say
>> text at the same time.  In order to do this, I'm creating two voices
>> - a text voice and a clapping voice.  The text voice still needs
>> lyrics attached to it, whereas the clapping voice doesn't.

[...]

> You've seen the attachment I added to
> <URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=824>?  Maybe
> it helps.

Just committed a patch.  Check out the bottom of the section about tags
in the notation manual.  It tells you how to splice music into specified
places of existing music, so you should be able to add a separate voice
at a certain location for one copy.

I have not understood the fine points of your problem, but it sounds
like it could be solved reasonably well with the new functionality.

--
David Kastrup