How to make a tweak a variable?

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: How to make a tweak a variable?
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 23:38:33 +0200

Hello,

This is maybe a question I have already asked but I cannot find the
answer (and I'm trying to typeset a score).

I'd like to define a variable that actually consists of a tweak command.
I.e. to replace

  c1-\tweak #'to-barline ##f \< |  % it works
  d4\!  % etc.

by

  c1\notToBarline \< |  % it does not work with my attempts
  d4\!  % etc.

but I do not know how to define my variable "notToBarline" in order to
make it work.

First I simply tried
  notToBarline = -\tweak #'to-barline ##f
but I got an error.
Then I tried a music function with ly:music? or ly:grob? as argument
but it failed too.
  notToBarline = #(define-music-function
      (parser location grb)
      (ly:grob?)
    #{
      -\tweak #'to-barline ##f $grb
    #})

I am obviously missing something here (and this is preventing me to
typeset my score the way I want).

Could you give me some help please?

Cheers,
Xavier