Re: Parsing lyrics in a music function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parsing lyrics in a music function
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:46:56 +0200

Michael Ellis <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, David.  I figured it must be a parsing issue so it's nice to
> have it clarified by someone knowledgable.   I like the
> ly:parser-parse-string idea.  Does that function return a music object
> if the parsing is successful?

No.  ly:parse-string-expression does, so that would be the smarter idea.

> Would it work to have my \lacc function massage the string so that it
> becomes
>
> "\lyricmode { This is a lyric line }"
>
> and then call ly:parser-parse-string to return the result?

Yes.  With parser-parse-string, you'd do something like
"parseStringResult = \lyricmode { ... }" and then look up the parser
variable parseStringResult.  ly:parse-string-expression is, of course,
much more suitable.

--
David Kastrup