Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex

From: Pablo Zumarán
Subject: Re: ubuntu lyx lilypond latex
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:15:59 -0700 (PDT)

I have some further feedback to give you.

Indeed, there's no need to reconfigure, as you've said.

However, I notice this:

Each time I open a document with lilypond code in it which has previously
previewed well, I get the code in document font. There's nothing wrong with
the code, since it worked previously AND can outputs correctly as  PDF. But
if I then change something -- e.g. pressing ENTER at the end, or by adding a
blank space there, or by flattening a note, &c -- the code previews
correctly. If I then change it back to what it was before, the preview
doesn't work again. Now, if I SAVE the file with the code that previews
correctly, then open it again, the previews don't work again, so I have to
make new changes to make it work.

So the gist seems to be this: whatever is in the file, or whatever is some
background memory does not preview. Only new changes preview.

Now here's something interesting: If I just open a file with code and wait
for the preview, I get the code in document font. HOWEVER, if I open the
same file and immediately Alt-Tab into another program previously opened
(such as Firefox, &c) and THEN Alt-Tab back to Lyx, the previews come up
instantly and perfectly.

I have absolutely no idea why all of this consistently happen, but I hope
this feedback is useful.