Re: lilypond-book download

From: Pablo Zumarán
Subject: Re: lilypond-book download
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:42:42 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you very much for that tip. Following your advice, I've installed Lyx
in my Ubuntu. In the included documentation, I've found only one reference
to Lilypond (to use Insert>File>External Material>Lilypond file). When I do
this (ie, insert a .ly file) all I get is a field saying "Lilypond typeset
music". Then, when I do Insert>Custom Insets>Lilypond, I get an inset where
I can type in lilypond code. BUT I haven't been able to see the actual
music, nor to export the LyX file as a pdf. If it's not asking too much, how
do you do that?

I'm most grateful to you and of course to the LyX people. I'm about to end a
two-year search (from zero) for a program that lets me do just that.