Re: Lilypond lobbying?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Lilypond lobbying?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:58:43 -0400

Hi Robert,

> I wonder if it was possible to come to an arrangement with such a major
> player to produce "style files" (Schott.ly) that will actually meet
> their publishing standard (without the need for post-editing)

Of course that's possible — in fact, I've got a choral octavo stylesheet that
is essentially indistinguishable from its model, the Schirmer mid-20th-Century
choral scores (e.g., Barber "Reincarnations"). All one has to do is take a
current Schott score and reproduce it "exactly" in Lilypond.

Cheers,
Kieren.