Re: Multi-column text

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Multi-column text
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:49:11 -0400

On 08/03/2011 06:07 PM, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Nope, Lilypond doesn't try to be a full text layout application. You
> cannot do multi-column text with automatic line- and
> column-breaking.
>
> I am using Latex for such things like preface, lyrics and
> translations (Initially I tried to use lilypond, that's why I wrote
> that other snippet that Harm suggested; But then decided that
> lilypond simply isn't capable of what I need), critical report, etc.

Thanks to you and Harm.  That was what I was afraid of... I don’t care
enough to make the quantum leap to using LaTeX or DocBook, but I was
hoping to save a bit of page space.  Given some of the long titles, I
guess I’ll just go single-column for now, with \column-lines.

Thanks again,
Chris
Those who learn from history are doomed to become cynics.