Re: Error opening 2.14.2

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Error opening 2.14.2
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:00:42 +0200

On Jul 26, 2011, at 3:55 PM, Paul Morris wrote:

Upon opening LilyPond 2.14.2 I got the following error.  (OSX 10.7)

LilyPond Error
An unexpected error has occurred during execution of the main script

ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/objc/_objc.so, 2): Symbol not found: _objc_sync_notify
 Referenced from: /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.6/lib-dynload/objc/_objc.so
 Expected in: /usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib

Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks,
Paul

I think the problem is with the LilyPond GUI.
Open your terminal application, cd to the folder with your score, and type
/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond <name of your score>

for example, if my score were called "foo.ly", i'd type

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond foo.ly

Rename your score to something without spaces - otherwise, it's difficult to get it typed in correctly to the command line.

This should work, and if it doesn't and if you're desperate to get a score compiled before the problem in the GUI is fixed, I'm running 10.7 right now and the LilyPond distro from brew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/) works flawlessly.

Cheers,
MS